e shtunë, 23 qershor 2007

Noise, Noise, Noise

It seems there is constant demolition and construction near where I live. Some days it is tolerable....other days not so much. I have a daily meditative practice of centering prayer and sometimes it is extremely difficult to keep the focus. If I can let the word, let the mantra do the work things are fine. Some days I have to engage in a fair amount of self-talk..."just say your word, just say your word." I think, perhaps the days that I'm not willing to embrace the noise, when I try too hard to have a "good" meditation is when I struggle the most. Expectations can get me into a lot of trouble. If I can turn towards the source of life, when I relinquish some of the control (what a frickin' concept).....miracle of miracles...ah, stillness and quiet.

3 komente:

Christine tha...

Hi! Welcome to SisterBlogosphere. I just managed to get back to the computer after a long break and wanted to say welcome, though it's late. Blessings!

Alan Scott tha...

Crystal, it was very pleasant to run across your blog "Noise, Noise, Noise". I live in the DC area and the title pretty much sums it all up! Your blog does help me to understand how to calm down when there is nothing calm about your surroundings. Thanks!

Kathryn Knoll tha...

I found you! You toad, you didn't even tell me you had a blog. I started my blogs because of you and M p Leroy. I have a new one that is aimed at snjms and associates. www.castfirekindletheembers.blogspot.com/
check it out. Ah, yes, the noise. It's not so much the noise outside my head that is the most disconcerting but the noise between the ears. Know what I mean? Glad to connect. I'm bookmarking this blog.